Information Security Officer
Software Delivery – Information Security
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 4 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track more than $330 billion in income and expenses, with more than $25 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About The Role:
Reporting to the SVP of Engineering, you will be THE go-to for all things information security related. As a trusted security and privacy advisor at all levels of the organization, you will demonstrate sound judgment and provide clear analysis and solution options.
About The Team:
Reporting to the SVP Engineering.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- With a solid foundation in software engineering/computer science and mastery of both Canadian and U.S. information security, consumer protection and privacy laws, you bring a pragmatic and balanced approach to risk assessment
- In partnership with our internal teams; consider and decide upon security and privacy requirements throughout the product development lifecycle (e.g. architecture, design, development, deployment, operations, support etc.)
- Being “cool under pressure” will mean all Wavers can breathe easy knowing you are in charge of incident management and trust in your aptitude to respond quickly but appropriately in all scenarios including security breaches or events where you are required to assume responsibility for incident command
- With your keen eye for detail and passion for keeping immaculate records, you will ensure that Wave passes all PCI audit requirements while simultaneously reviewing, maintaining and updating Wave policies and relevant training
- Your appetite for metrics and data will help you formulate the security and privacy dashboard which will help drive decision making at all levels of the organization
- You understand that security is everyone’s responsibility; to inspire others you utilize bug bounty programs that ensure all Wavers are on the lookout for potential vulnerabilities
You'll thrive here if you have:
- Your finger on the pulse of security and privacy best practices, emerging threats, regulations and security solutions that fit our organization without compromising our ability to serve our brave entrepreneurial clientele
- A natural ability to build relationships and define processes in order to promote security/privacy awareness and further embed these values into our organizational culture
- As the subject matter expert, you also understand the culture at Wave and know how to get buy-in on new practices
- Because you live and breathe security and privacy regulations, you won’t simply react to situations, you will be proactive in mitigating risk, often preventing incidents before they happen
- Prior experience implementing security systems (e.g. Threatstack, container security scanner, cloudpassage etc.), PCI, as well as privacy standards and legislation (e.g. GDPR, SOC2 and ISO27001)
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.