Senior Front End Engineer
Software Delivery – Engineering
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have hundreds of thousands active monthly businesses from 200+ countries around the world. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About The Team:
Wave’s Growth team is responsible for driving user activation and monetization via iterative experimentation. We’re a nimble, multi-functional group consisting of engineers, designers, and data analysts working together to deliver a world-class product experience. Everything we do is obsessively rooted in data and starts with a well-articulated hypothesis. You’ll be a part of a team that’s confronting difficult questions related to scale, interaction and architecture. Engineers on the Growth team are experts coming from a breadth of disciplines, and love the opportunities and challenges of working on projects touching all areas of our codebase. As a team, we’re measured by our outcomes, not just outputs.
About The Role:
It is a high impact role, with direct access to the CEO and COO on a regular basis. We are seeking a passionate frontend engineer who will champion sound frontend standards to engineers, and designers. You will build and own innovative in-app experiences using React, CSS and HTML with a strong desire to measure the impact of your work on the business.
Everyone on this team is:
- Experienced and technically sound.
- Passionate about metrics.
- Excited about experimentation.
- A lifelong learner.
What you will need:
- Must have 5+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Experience building responsive and adaptive applications.
- Ability to collaborate, code, and launch A/B tests and other experiments throughout the product experience and customer lifecycle.
- Deep knowledge of browser APIs.
- Experience optimizing frontend performance.
- Extensive experience with unit, integration, and end-to-end testing.
- Ability to work in the backend when needed (Python/Django).
You will thrive here if you:
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it (progressive refactor).
- Love working across the full stack of web systems.
- Have a bias for action.
- Enjoy working on a high-energy team that runs on a faster cadence.
- Are passionate about for removing friction from user experiences.
- Are extremely collaborative.
- Value going home knowing that your work today is meaningfully improving the lives of small business owners.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Mental Health, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.