Business Operations – Wave +
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the team:
The Wave+ team partners with small business owners in managing their books and making more time for them to focus on what matters most - their business! The team acts as a trusted advisor to small business owners in managing their finances.
About the role:
Reporting to the Lead Accounting Associate, you will have a portfolio of companies whose bookkeeping you own. As an Accounting Associate, you will be an integral piece of a brand new team that’s helping great customers get an even better experience.
Here's how you will have an impact
- Two or more years of experience in cloud accounting. You’ll be responsible for owning the books for your customers, including categorizing transactions, reconciling their accounts, generating their financial statements, and identifying key insights.
- Stellar communication skills. You will be the business partner and accounting department for our Entrepreneurs. You will be helping them succeed, and your outstanding ability to communicate with people will help them do that.
- Attention to detail is critical in this role. You know where the numbers are supposed to go, what they should add up to, and you can catch inaccuracies before they have the chance to make an impact.
- Resourcefulness. You’ll be building something new. You might not have all the answers (that’s ok!) but you know where to look or how to find them, and when to ask for help.
You will thrive here if you have:
- Education in Finance, Accounting, or Business. We need you to be an expert in bookkeeping. Whether you got there through education or experience is up to you.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Wave. Our customers use Wave (and so will you). Bookkeeping in Wave and helping business owners navigate through our apps is a critical part of this role.
- Working experience with small businesses. You understand that a photographer might be super passionate about photography - that’s why they opened their business; not because they’re accounting or finance experts. Working with small businesses and understanding their approach to their finances will help when you guide them through business best practices.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.