Credit Risk Analyst
Financial Services – Fraud & Risk
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the team:
The Risk team is responsible for assessing the credit risk of new businesses, detecting and preventing fraud, optimizing our transaction processes, assisting with enhancements of risk prevention strategies and liaising with our small business owners to develop and implement the best possible solutions.
About the role:
The Credit Risk Analyst isn’t a job for the faint of heart: you must be a highly motivated individual with strong communication skills, carry a sense of tact and empathy under pressure, and have a sixth sense for identifying problems while implementing and communicating solutions.
Here's how you will have an impact:
- Adjudicate new Payment and Payroll applications to assess the credit risk of new businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Perform complex fraud investigations using a wide variety of data in order to accept, reject or refer transactions for further investigation. You're a self-proclaimed (risk) detective!
- Assess the chargeback risk of each business and work with small business owners to establish good business practices to protect themselves against disputes.
- Provide ongoing account management to proactively identify deterioration of good businesses. Working closely with our customers, Payment Operations, Customer Success and the Product team, allowing us to deliver the best experience possible to our users.
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail in minimizing fraudulent activities, identifying risk exposure, and determining regulatory or compliance violations.
- The ability to contribute to the development of fraud detection systems using data and systems such as SQL and other proprietary applications is an asset.
You will thrive here if you have:
- 4 years of credit underwriting/adjudicating experience working in a payments or fintech space.
- Strong credit risk experience with the ability to identify high risk businesses.
- A thorough understanding of best practices for preventing service related chargebacks, and experience in improving policies and operations within a fast-paced environment.
- Fraud and/or compliance risk experience is also required, preferably having worked in monitoring accounts and transactions to identify fraudulent behaviour in online businesses.
- Experience working with rule-based fraud detection tools and a willingness to apply these skills using both internal and third party tools.
- You consider yourself tech-savvy, proficient in Word, Excel and Access, and you never underestimate the power of a Google or database search.
- The ability to manage relationships with our small business owners, using your excellent communication skills to do so!
- You can ask “the right questions” when probing for critical information from a customer and deliver not-so-great news in a way that they are still left feeling great about Wave.
- You are resourceful - you know where to dig up relevant, real-world information and understand “the big picture” before making decisions.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.