Payroll Support Specialist
Financial Services – Financial Services Operations
Wave propels brave entrepreneurs who pursue their dreams and drive the world’s economy. As an award-winning product and company, and one of the fastest growing financial services software, we have more than 3.5 million business owners from 200+ countries around the world. Every year, we track over $240 billion in income and expenses and more than $20 billion in invoices. We’re on a mission to change the lives of Entrepreneurs across the globe, and looking for only the best to join us.
About the Team:
Payroll by Wave provides payroll solutions to thousands of small businesses across Canada and America, and we’re looking for an individual to join our team to help accomplish that goal.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Payroll Operations Manager, you'll be empowering brave entrepreneurs by providing a very special kind of customer support experience over email, live chat, and phone. By helping our customers use Payroll by Wave, you'll be giving them back hours of time, which allows them to grow their businesses and pursue their dreams. Through building your career in Payroll, you know how complex the payroll landscape truly is. You know that it doesn’t matter if a business has one employee or 1000 employees, what matters is that a business owner can feel completely confident and empowered to run their payroll with the least amount of effort, and with the least amount of compliance risk.
Here's how you will make an impact:
- As a Payroll Support Specialist you will receive customer inquiries that have been escalated through our General Support team as these inquiries require your payroll expertise.
- You will identify different types of payments that an employer may need to use, and communicate to them how those different types of payments impact taxation, and government filings at year end.
- You will guide an employer through terminating an employee in the software, and communicate payroll compliance concepts like notice period, pay in lieu of notice, and severance pay.
- You will solve problems with payroll compliance in mind, because you know that payroll has implications that go far beyond the next cheque date. That means you will support an employer through complex corrections, all the while ensuring government filings are produced correctly and compliance obligations are met.
- You will support business owners through tax account setup or changes. Along the way you will educate them about tax remittance thresholds, tax filing requirements, employee tax profiles - providing the guidance needed to get this right.
- You have a sincere desire to help small business owners, and that means you will carefully listen and consider their inquiries so that you can understand what they are trying to accomplish, and help them accomplish it in Wave Payroll.
You'll thrive here if you have:
- Empathy - We expect our customers to receive exceptional support experiences; ones that they will remember for years to come!
- Experience working with customers, preferably in a Customer support/success environment; you can deliver not-so-good news while still leaving the business owner feeling positive about Wave.
- Hands-on experience with Payroll and knowledge of basic accounting concepts.
- A process-oriented mindset, always searching for opportunities of improvement to make our product the best it can be.
- Willing to work shift times (morning and evening)
- A desire for a payroll career and working with customers
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner certification from the Canadian Payroll Association, or pursuing the certification.
- Experience processing payroll for US based businesses.
- Experience working with software developers, and/or in an agile environment.
We hire world-class talent, but the learning doesn’t stop once you’re in the door. We’re committed to growing you personally and professionally through flexible mentorship programs, ongoing learning opportunities and a serious investment in each employee. We’re here to do excellent work - together - and achieve that through bringing on only the best and developing them to be even better.
With collaboration and transparency at our core, including monthly town halls where we regularly share business metrics and updates from the CEO, we’re empowered to pivot plans to solve problems, remove bottlenecks and always find a way to win for our Customers.
Our culture is reflected in a stellar Glassdoor rating (including a 99% approval rating of our CEO) as well as numerous awards. We’ve been continuously recognized as one of Canada's Top Ten Most Admired Corporate Cultures, an Employee Recommended Workplace, and Great Place to Work Certified, awarded specifically in the Technology, Millennial, Inclusion and Women categories for several years running.
Get ready to do the best work of your career with Wave. We're waiting for you.