Business Development Representative
Sales & Marketing – Sales /
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably.
Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online and funding these businesses with short-term finance.
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
Why this role?
- Qualify ecommerce businesses from our lead generation output
- Prospect potential clients through cold calls, emails and Linkedin to set up meetings for our Growth Capital Managers
- Present Wayflyer to potential clients
- Identify client needs
- Build trusting relationships with clients
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market
- As an early employee at Wayflyer, you'll be:
- Contributing hugely to the company's ultimate growth and success
- Working with different disciplines (marketing, product and sales) to bring your ideas through to fruition
- Highly independent and autonomous. We're a small team and you'll get to make decisions, you're not a cog in someone else's machine
- Defining the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll leave a lasting impact
- The candidates we're looking for will have:
- A real, genuine interest in startups and eCommerce stores. These are our only customers
- A strong track record of exceeding targets in outbound sales, ideally to the SMB market
- 1+ years experience selling to SMBs
- Strong sales instincts, results-focused, and a track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Willing to go the extra mile
- Previous startup experience a plus
- An ownership mentality, always seeking to improve Wayflyer's prospects, even in functions outside of sales
- Whatever it takes attitude
- Independent, ambitious and self-motivated