Senior Software Engineer (Front End)
Product – Engineering /
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online (this is currently free) and funding these businesses with short-term finance (not free!).
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer? 🚀
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity. Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
What you will do? 🤔
- Join our core product team, where you will play a key role in defining and refining our front end architecture
- Work with other engineers, designers and product managers to define the UI/UX, scope and technical implementation of key business features
- Work with the team to help design, develop and deliver the APIs that power our products
- Mentor other members of the team to grow our skill base
- Take an active role in product development and push new product directions
Why you? 🤓
- Experience with with some or all of Next.js, Typescript, Redux, Context-API, Hooks, Webpack, Ant Design, Design Systems, Storybook and Material UI
- Solid understanding of fundamental web technologies such as HTTP, REST, AJAX, Websockets and JSON
- Experience working with backend developers to design and consume web APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks such as JEST, Enzyme, React Testing Library or similar
- Experience delivering software in a CI/CD environment with robust automated testing
- Experience with Python/Django and be the ability to work server-side would make you stand out
- You have the capacity to work autonomously in a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
- You are a clear and concise communicator, who is able to communicate across the company to identify business needs and execute on them
Why now? 🎢
- Your work will make a massive and direct contribution to the company's continued growth and success
- Your ideas and innovations will build the products we need to support the phenomenal growth we are experiencing
- You will get to shape the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you will have lasting impact
- We are a small team and the decisions you make will have an immediate impact on our product and customers, you are not a cog in someone else's machine