Product Owner / Technical Product Manager - FinTech
Product – Product Management /
Our mission is to help eCommerce businesses reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce entrepreneurs face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. We solve both market problems.
Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online and provides funding to these businesses with short-term finance. We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer ?
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, tier 1 venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity. Our growth rate since launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top Fintech Investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business to meet customer demand, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting Fintech environment.
What you will do?
- Work in the design and delivery of new Financial Services and Analytical Products targeted at fast growing businesses covering Risk, Payments, & Regulation.
- Working with software technical interfaces, such as Open Banking, ISO20022, WebServices & RESTful APIs to design next generation of business to business financial services.
- Develop specifications for product features, so the development team clearly understand them.
- Engage directly with our FinTech Dev team to ensure requirements and expectations are clear and understood.
- Assess commercial value, develop use cases, and prioritise user stories, epics and themes to ensure our efforts are directed those activities with the best commercial return, and align with product strategy.
- Scope and specify product features, and work and to prioritise the backlog (across epics/features/user stories).
- Bring solid process discipline to the development process.
- Use a transparent methodology on prioritisation, and manage scope and delivery expectations and the communication around this.
- Manage and maintain a set of KPI’s on the development process and the end to end customer lifecycle. Identify and perform remediation as needed.
- Liaise with the other parts of the business (Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, Legal) for the capture of input to the roadmap process and manage the prioritisation around this.
Why you? The ideal candidate will have
- Have a relevant certification, e.g. SAFe, Scrum, Agile, Pragmatic Marketing.
- Have worked in a similar role in a Product function in either a SaaS or B2B environment
- Have a Level 8 qualification in a numerate analytical discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Economics).
- Have a strong passion for development process, and in depth experience of the best tools to drive a modern cloud development processes.
- Prior experience in any of the following : Payments, Commercial Finance, Data Science, AML & Compliance, Digital Marketing, eCommerce would be advantageous.
Why You ? The ideal candidate will be
- A product leader who brings passion and energy to the role.
- Very articulate. Succinct and accurate in both verbal and written form.
- Be extremely detail-oriented and thorough when analysing business domain problems.
- Have a strong sense of personal ownership with customer empathy.
- Be a team player who likes a supportive high energy, high-performance environment, with substantial freedom to enable performance.
You'll be contributing hugely to the company's continued growth and success.
You will shape the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll have lasting impact in what is already one of Irelands most dynamic companies.
We are a small, inclusive team, and you'll be empowered to make decisions, you're not a cog in someone else's machine.