Legal Counsel (Technology)
Legal & Compliance – Legal /
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online (this is currently free) and funding these businesses with short-term finance (not free!).
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer? 🚀
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed start-up that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity. Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
What You Will Do?🤔
- You will be part of a small legal team reporting to the General Counsel with superb opportunity for growth.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of general commercial contracts with a FinTech focus (e.g. NDAs, agency agreements, software license agreements) as well as standard commercial contracts which have a financing focus (support will be provided).
- Assist with ad hoc issues that arise in relation to employment law, property, data protection, corporate governance and intellectual property and other legal areas.
- You will be a qualified solicitor with a minimum of 5 years’ PQE in commercial contracts with a technology focus either in a law firm or in a similar in-house role.
- FinTech, corporate or banking transactional experience is a benefit but not essential.
- You will have excellent drafting and solid experience in commercial contract negotiation, and want to hone your skills with a new set of problems in a fluid and fast paced commercial environment.
- You will be confident and able to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders right up to management level.
- You have a positive attitude and you demonstrate initiative with a proactive approach to work.
- You are self-motivated to work on projects through to completion.
- You are ambitious, want to experience life in a start-up and you enjoy working in high-performing, solutions-focused, agile teams.
Why now? 🎢
● This is a newly created role in a dynamic environment with plenty of opportunity to make a direct impact while getting involved in a variety of exciting, legal and commercial issues.
● Wayflyer is building the legal and compliance foundations to enable it to scale at pace for international growth in a highly regulated environment and reduce overall risk to the business
● We need to build solid legal processes to enable the commercial teams to focus on their roles in growing the business.
● Your work will make a massive and direct contribution to the company's continued growth and success- you won’t just be a cog in the wheel at Wayflyer!