US Sales Director
Sales & Marketing – Sales /
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably.
Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online and funding these businesses with short-term finance.
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
We are a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity.
Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
Why this role?
- As a US Sales Director at Wayflyer, you will:
- Acquire an existing pipeline of leads and customers (the US is our biggest market)
- Rapidly build out a team of 10-12 Account Executives (AEs) and Sales Development Reps (SDRs) in first 12 months
- Modify our existing onboarding and training programs, as needed, for the US market
- Roll-out these programs to your team (with support from European Head of Sales)
- Set individual team members' targets and KPIs; balancing individual and collective success
- Learn processes and job functions from the bottom up with the view of tailoring them to suit your US team
- Optimize the processes that govern the full sales cycle for Wayflyers US customers, for prospecting through to close
- Work with marketing to develop your own materials to help improve conversion rates
- Collaborative with leaders from other functions (e.g. Marketing, Product) during senior leadership meetings and cross-functional projects
- As an early employee at Wayflyer, you'll be:
- Contributing hugely to the company's ultimate growth and success
- Working with different disciplines (marketing, product and sales) to bring your ideas through to fruition
- Highly independent and autonomous. We're a small team and you'll get to make decisions, you're not a cog in someone else's machine
- Defining the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll leave a lasting impact
- The candidates we're looking for will have:
- A real, genuine interest in startups and eCommerce stores. These are our only customers
- A strong track record of exceeding targets in outbound sales as Account Executive, ideally to the SMB market
- 3+ years experience managing an outbound sales team, ideally to SMB market
- Strong sales instincts, results-focused, and a track record hitting and exceeding quota
- Great communication skills, both written and oral
- Previous startup experience
- An ownership mentality, always seeking to improve Wayflyer's prospects, even in functions outside of sales
- Independent, ambitious and self-motivated