Software Engineer (Platform)
Product – Engineering /
Our mission is to help eCommerce stores reach their potential. Want to join?
eCommerce owners face two major barriers to growth - accessing growth funding for inventory or marketing and acquiring customers profitably. Wayflyer uses data to solve both of these challenges, giving store owners insights on how best to acquire customers online (this is currently free) and funding these businesses with short-term finance (not free!).
We have offices in Dublin, London, Sydney and New York.
Why Wayflyer? 🚀
Wayflyer is a fast-growing, venture-backed startup that serves a critical need for emerging eCommerce entrepreneurs. You'll be joining a small, ambitious, collaborative team that's working on a huge opportunity. Our growth rate since our launch in April has been epic and we've attracted some of the world's top FinTech investors to back us on our mission. We're facing many exciting challenges as we scale our business, and need teammates that can thrive in a fast-moving and exciting environment.
What you will do? 🤔
- Join our internal platform team, directly shaping how our systems and infrastructure are designed and developed. You will design and develop interfaces and frameworks to support other layers of the system, our user interfaces, and integrations with the third parties we use to deliver our services.
- Work within our current technical stack (Python Django & AWS).
- Enhance our practice in continuous integration, test automation and continuous deployment.
- Mentor other members of the team to grow our skill base.
- Take an active role in product development and push new product directions.
Why you? 🤓
- You have the capacity to work autonomously in a rapidly changing and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- You have significant previous experience developing server-side solutions at considerable scale.
- You've worked with distributed systems and have plenty of experience in server side development with a high level language, e.g. Python, Java, etc. It doesn't have to be something we use, we're confident that great engineers can quickly get up to speed.
Why now? 🎢
- You'll be contributing hugely to the company's continued growth and success.
- You will get the shape the culture of Wayflyer. 'The early team you build is the company you build' - you'll have lasting impact.
- We're a small team and you'll get to make decisions, you're not a cog in someone else's machine.