Technology – Business Intelligence Analytics
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are looking for an outstanding, brilliant, and driven Data Analyst to join our growing team. The Data Analyst is responsible for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role, you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a Data Analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
Looking for some details?
- Analyze data using statistical methods
- Create reports to share findings and recommendations with the internal team and other stakeholders
- Collaborate with leaders and managers to determine and address data and reporting needs for various company projects
- Create statistical models that depict company-wide trends
- Determine the meaning of data and explain how various teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their processes
- Document structures and types of business data
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
- Confirm project requirements by studying user requirements & by conferring with others on the project team
- Maintain the data dictionary by revising and entering definitions
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science
- Work experience as a Data Analyst or in a related field
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, lay terms
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- Understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
- Ability to identify useful information in data sets and suggest conclusions that support decision-making
- Strong analytical capabilities
- Communication skills, with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- Excellent leadership, collaboration, and Project Management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Willingness to make decisions and solve problems
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.