Louisville, KY /
Product – Product /
We are on a mission. To simplify and unify healthcare.
Waystar modernizes healthcare payment through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 500,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 1,000 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
UX Designers at Waystar are responsible for ensuring the software we create is easy to use, easy to learn, and provides maximum efficiency for the user. Working directly with our energetic and dynamic Director of User Experience & Design, you will have the opportunity to be part of a highly-effective team to build innovative workflows and interfaces. Our UX Designers work collaboratively with Product Managers, UI Designers, Application Engineers, and everyday users to conceptualize, design, and prototype ideas to create user interfaces for world-class software products.
Looking for some details?
- Work with Product Managers to transform business goals into actionable UX/UI business requirements
- Develop novel interactions to make complex flows and processes simple and intuitive for the user
- Use UX/UI business requirements to develop conceptual wireframes and process flows to facilitate the product development conversation, and ultimately guide Application Engineering efforts
- Create interactive prototypes to be tested with users
- Conduct VOC site visits, interviews, and surveys to develop a thorough understanding of our users and their daily processes
- Develop user task flows to validate our critical paths as optimized
- Work with UI Designers to ensure all UX intentions are represented visually
- Collaborate with Application Engineering to vet and refine UX/UI requirements to ensure successful and practical implementation
- Analyze behavioral metrics to suggest improvements for existing user interfaces
- Contribute to an evolving internal standards library of consistent user interactions and best practices
- Keep abreast of best practices and design concepts for web software, and champion opportunities for improving overall user experience with Waystar’s products
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelors degree in Human-Computer Interaction or in a related field (or equivalent work experience)
- 2+ years of experience in designing software UX
- Strong human factors and Usability Analysis skills
- Experience with the front-end technologies used to implement designs (HTML, CSS, etc.)
- Strong requirements gathering and Business Analysis skills
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a hyper/fast-paced environment, working quickly and iteratively, & delivering on-time
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary Product and Application Engineering teams
- A strong online portfolio demonstrating personal design capabilities
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Waystar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.