Internship Program Manager
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
Right now, we are looking for a smart, technical, and creative Internship Program Manager to be responsible for leading our internship/apprenticeship programs, to continue the students’ education & help prepare them for full-time employment at Waystar. This Manager will assist the other Architecture teams to set standards, guide Application Engineering teams, research new technologies, and build software.
Looking for some details?
- Manages all day-to-day activities of the team
- Conducts People Operations responsibilities for all assigned team members, including performance reviews, disciplinary action, etc.
- Responsible for setting an example of how each team member should conduct themselves
- Responsible for evangelizing new technologies throughout the company
- Responsible for leading the team, when troubleshooting and resolving critical technical issues
- Participates in the Project Portfolio process by providing guidance and high-level estimates on proposed projects
- Participates in the project planning process by attending Business Planning meetings and assisting the Business Analysts to ensure that all of the requirements have been collected
- Leads and participates in the weekly Lead Application Engineer meetings
- Responsible for mentoring and developing the skillsets of Interns and Apprentices
- Responsible for communicating progress to the appropriate personal
- Leads a team of Programmers in designing applications to solve internal automation needs
- Recruits top talent from regional schools & local technical programs
- Trains teams of interns on the current Waystar development best practices and technologies
- Leads organizational trainings in technology migrations
- Evaluates new technology for implementation across the organization
- Additional duties as assigned
Do you fit our team?
- 10+ years of .NET and SQL Server experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Technical Lead/Lead Engineer
- Unit Testing experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment & welcome change
- Highly self-motivated
- Ability to work both in team and solo environments
- Experience building highly-scalable software solutions
- Subject Matter Expertise in two or more technical tracks
- Demonstrates Leadership
- Working knowledge of Web Services
- Bachelors degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- N-Tier and SaaS development experience is preferred
- An advanced degree is preferred
- Prior experience as a people leader
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.