Overland Park, KS /
Product – Product /
We are on a mission. To simplify and unify healthcare.
Waystar modernizes healthcare payment through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 500,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 1,000 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; kindness; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
Waystar is seeking a smart and creative Product Manager with hands on experience in the financial and operational challenges facing the healthcare provider market. We are looking for someone who can lead game changing efforts at Waystar within the company’s product team for new to market and existing solutions. The ideal candidate will understand the significant flaws that exist in revenue cycle and have a passion for solving those problems throughpredictive analytic-based products and workflow solutions. We are looking for someone who has a passion for building great products and the natural instincts for making decisions that lead to highly useable software. As Product Manager, you will be responsible for the complete product lifecycle of Waystar’s revenue cycle solutions, defining market requirements and packaging the features into product releases. This professional self-starter will report to a Director, Product Management and work closely with key stakeholders in data science, sales, marketing, user experience, development, and operations.
Looking for some details?
- Analyzing various product inputs, customer requirements, designing solution architectures and developing the business case for new product development
- Preparing software design plans including product specifications, use case documentation and user interface wireframes (both independently and with assistance from our User Experience team)
- Organizing market research including analyzing customer segments, reviewing industry research reports, and assessing strengths and weaknesses of competitors to define new opportunities
- Studying healthcare industry standards and staying up-to-date on industry changes and compliance issues
- Gathering inspiration and ideas by visiting customers regularly and reviewing software and other products that solve similar problems in other domains
- Collecting direct customer feedback by organizing user tests, studying customer support incidents, administering user surveys, and visiting customers to study product interaction in their natural environment
- Working closely with internal and external resources to define system requirements that meet changing market needs and ensure customer satisfaction and product quality
- Assisting your Director of Product Management in coordinating with sales, marketing, development, and customer support to bring together divergent ideas and convince various stakeholders to rally behind a single product vision
- Working with your Director of Product Management to manage the product roadmap, including documenting product strategy, maintaining the feature backlog, and coordinating releases
Do you fit our team?
- You know how to execute and like to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- You are comfortable in front of a whiteboard and can describe complex information in a concise but thorough fashion
- An understanding of healthcare revenue cycle workflows and how software can simplify healthcare payments; with experience obtained either through direct experience in a healthcare setting or an RCM focused HIT company
- Provided leadership on a team that designed, built, or used revenue cycle workflow solutions
- Organizing market research including analyzing customer segments and industry trends
- Possess robust technical fundamentals, especially when it comes to building software
- Problem solving skills; able to analyze a problem and design creative solutions
- Attention to detail; extraordinary eye for usability and the customer experience
- Excellent written communication skills; able to succinctly convey complex ideas through the written word
- Experience writing and refining user stories with engineering teams
- Great people skills; able to facilitate, negotiate and persuade stakeholders
- Flexible and agile; able to rapidly adapt to changing situations and inputs
- College Degree required; Business or Computer Science degree preferred
- Preferred experience using TFS or similar feature and user story software
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Waystar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.