Junior IT Production Engineer
Client Success – Ops Engineering /
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
We are searching for a brilliant, IT driven Production Engineer to work with Waystar’s software solution. Production Engineer is an engineer discipline that combines software and systems engineering to run and support large-scale, massive distributed, fault-tolerant systems. The Engineer will be responsible for gathering the technical requirements for Waystar’s software support and monitoring the reporting and analysis configuration for each client set-up. The role will also continue to support project teams with analysis and system updates. In this position the Engineer must approach problem-solving challenges independently, enjoy working in a team environment, have a strong attention to detail, and a passion for healthcare technology.
· Automate and solve complex business issues via T-SQL and MS Business Intelligence
· Oversee all ETL troubleshooting
· Conduct periodic monitoring and/or on call duties.
· Ability to execute and prioritize many tasks, and resolve issues and resource conflicts
· 2+ years’ experience analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
· 2+ years’ experience with enterprise-level database T-SQL development for data querying and script development
· Knowledge of SSIS and/or ETL are preferred
· Strong understanding of relational database structures, with a proven ability to learn the structure of a relational database
· Must be a quick learner who excels in a rapidly changing environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Detail-oriented and self-motivated
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.