Technology – Implementation Engineering
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
Waystar is looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven engineering leader with a passion for technology and data analytics. As a member of our fun, dynamic Data Engineering team, your primary focus is building the team responsible for developing internal tools that provide business metrics and analytical insights to Waystar’s Operations division. An ideal candidate for this position enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, has a strong attention to detail, resolves issues quickly, and is experienced working with the Microsoft BI stack (SSMS, SSIS, and SSAS).
Want to learn more?
· Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements, such as automating manual processes that minimize errors and promote scalability
· Perform validation for any potential software bug as identified by Operations and also provide our Dev team with documentation for verified bugs including steps to reproduce
· Monitor defects against turnaround time stipulated in SLA
· Work directly with our Revenue Integrity Auditing team to provide internal reporting metrics, process automation support, and resolution of data issues as needed
· Collaborate with our Revenue Integrity Data Ops team to streamline current operational processes
· Maintaining change management procedures using TFS for source control of internal tools
· Development and support of internal tools
· Help update and improve the Waystar technology implementation methodology as a whole, and contribute to Waystar’s organizational objectives
Do you fit our team?
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in CS, MIS, Business or a related field
· 2+ years of experience in an Engineering, DevOps, or Implementation role
· Experience working with the Microsoft BI stack (SSMS, SSIS, and SSAS)
· Ability to write production-level T-SQL code, including stored procedures, views, etc.
· Excellent knowledge of database configuration, troubleshooting, and performance tuning
· Expertise in data integration and maintaining/enhancing ETL processes
· Strong understanding of relational database structures
· Ability to multi-task effectively, prioritize and execute a large number of end-user requests, and resolve issues quickly
· Exceptional analytical skills and demonstrable problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
· Keen attention to detail, self-motivated, and solution-oriented
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work autonomously, but also within a team environment
· Strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing, positive attitude
· Ability to analyze system performance and application issues in cloud computing systems
· General understanding of principles of AGILE software development
· Experienced in the analysis of healthcare billing and clinical coding data, including patient demographics, charges, payments, claims, diagnosis and procedure codes, as well as the charge description master
· Solid understanding of workflow systems and their application to customer business process improvement
· Experience working with HL7 interface engines such as Mirth Connect, Cloverleaf, Corepoint, or Ensemble
· General understanding of healthcare revenue cycle management (RCM), including patient accounting, claims processing, follow-up processes, and reimbursement practices
· Familiarity with Salesforce.com
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.