Director, Business Intelligence Analytics
Technology – Business Intelligence Analytics
Waystar modernizes the healthcare revenue cycle through innovative, cloud-based technology. We provide the highest-rated client experience to more than 450,000 providers, 22,000 healthcare organizations and 750 health systems and hospitals around the country. Together, our technology, data and client support streamline workflows and improve financials for our clients, so that they can focus on their patients. We are deeply committed to living out our organizational values: honesty; passion; curiosity; fanatical focus; best work, always; making it happen; and joyful, optimistic and fun.
What is the purpose of this position?
The Director, Business Intelligence Analytics will responsible for leading the reporting and analytics initiative at Waystar. We are looking for a leader in business intelligence and analytics that has experience in building enterprise reporting capabilities from scratch. This individual will be expected to lead solution development and help the team evaluate and select the best option to meet the business’ needs. This team member will be a thought leader at Waystar and need to possess an entrepreneurial and collaborative spirit to “Make it Happen”.
Looking for some details?
- Act as a product manager for enterprise reporting and analytic solutions across multiple functions
- Support and collaborate with the Data Warehouse team in the technical design, implementation, and quality assurance for data warehouse projects
- Formulate a strategy and execution plan to create data management and governance standards
- Define the process, SLAs, and organization infrastructure to support an Enterprise Reporting and Analytics team that serves multiple stakeholders
- Work with a team of business analysts to document the relevant business requirements from functional stakeholders
- Effectively manage the team of reporting business analysts to ensure appropriate work distribution, prioritization of workload, and quality of output
- Partner with business analysts, IT, and Product Engineering to ensure the timely completion and quality of deliverables
- Support the broader organization in the selection of new applications to ensure reporting and analytics capabilities align with corporate standards
Do you fit our team?
- Bachelors degree from an accredited university or college in Computer Science
- Previous work experience as a Data/Database Architect
- Highly-proficient with data solutions, mapping software, and database warehouse applications
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Demonstrated experience following strict privacy and security guidelines to protect data from intruders and unauthorized access
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards
- Understanding of data gathering, inspecting, cleansing, transforming, and modeling/diagramming techniques
- Experience working with a diverse set of business intelligence and reporting tools including, but not limited to, Tableau, Business Objects, Qlik Sense, and Looker
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Willingness to make decisions and solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.