Charlottesville, VA /
Dining Services – Front of the House /
Among our 11 dining venues at Westminster Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a full service Coffee and Retail Café that we call our Marketplace. The Marketplace is open daily, and serves as our Breakfast and Grab and Go venue for our residents. From serving locally roasted coffee and house made pastries, to offering local chocolate and specialty items, our Marketplace has a wide range of items available to fit our resident’s needs or wants.
We are in need of a Full Time Barista to add to our team! An ideal candidate will have a knowledge of specialty coffee preparations, the ability to work autonomously, and a drive to take ownership of an area to meet and exceed standards. We offer a minimum of $15/hour.
Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food and beverage items. Handles food according to HACCP guidelines and standards for quality food-service operations. Interacts with residents and associates in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining cleanliness of service area. Ensures that area is fully restocked throughout the day.
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service.
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Learns and utilizes Platinum Service standards.
- Ensures all display foods are fresh and merchandised attractively per standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must meet minimum age requirement to serve and/or sell alcohol.
- Experience working as a server in a restaurant and/or specialty food/bar environment with a focus on a high level of customer service.
- Positive attitude and willingness to provide a friendly atmosphere with customers and department staff is essential.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to the part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high-quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.