Charlottesville, VA /
Health Services – Catered Living/Vista (Assisted Living and Memory Support) /
Do you love the healthcare industry? Are you passionate about serving others? Come and join a dynamic team of nursing professionals servicing a great community of over 400 senior residents. We have career opportunities in our Catered Living (Assisted Living), Health Center, and Vista (Memory Care) Departments. Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR) operates 24/7 caring for residents. Our residential community provides the opportunity to spend time with residents and serve as part of a committed health-care team with the ultimate goal of providing a supportive, safe and home-like environment for residents.
Certified Nursing Assistants (C.N.A.) provide a variety of selected routine nursing care tasks under the direct supervision of the nurses responsible for providing direct resident care. Responsibilities include assisting in the examination, treatment, and care of residents; provide privacy and assistance as appropriate in maintaining the resident’s dignity. In many instances, C.N.A.s may spend more time with residents than anyone else on the health care team and therefore should provide a supportive, safe, home-like environment. For this reason, they can easily form lasting connections with residents and families and require individuals who are compassionate, empathetic and truly interested in helping others.
- Assist nursing personnel in maintaining a therapeutic environment and provide direct resident care.
- Participate in rounds of all resident rooms, utility areas, tub rooms and other areas as required.
- Take vital signs.
- Turn and re-position bedridden residents to prevent the breakdown of their skin.
- Provide direct resident care such as assisting with bathing, eating, dressing, personal hygiene and walking residents.
- Answer resident's Call lights.
- Assist with the admission and discharge of residents.
- Technical competencies include infection control, vital signs, hygiene, dietary needs, body mechanics, paperwork and charting and other miscellaneous skills.
- Ability to make quick observations of a resident's condition and report that information back to the nurse.
- Ability to monitor the health, safety, and well-being of residents.
- Able to uphold Magnetic Values (Multicultural- Accountable- Game Changer- Nurturing- Empowering- Teachable).
- Current Virginia CNA License.
- CPR and First Aid Certification.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to the part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high-quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.