Housekeeper - Day Shift
Charlottesville, VA /
Environmental Services – Housekeeping /
Do you love to clean? Are you passionate about working with seniors? Come and join a dynamic team of professionals working with a great community of over 400 senior residents at Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR). The ideal candidate will display a caring and courteous attitude and represent WCBR in a positive manner. Must have the desire to work with a senior adult community and have the ability to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends.
As an essential part of the Environmental Services team, provides clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying surroundings for the residents, guests and associates. The housekeeper promotes sanitary conditions which prevent the spread of infection and odors. These functions are performed in designated areas following established schedules, procedures and protocols set forth by WCBR management.
We are looking to fill a full-time day shift position. We offer a minimum of $15/hour starting rate.
- Operates various mechanized cleaning equipment.
- Perform cleaning functions in designated areas following established schedules.
- Assist, as needed, in cleaning of emergency spill observed or requested.
- Report any repair needed to supervisor.
- Use safety precautions in all housekeeping services.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Support of the overall goals of the department to provide effective and efficient service.
- Experience in cleaning of residential or commercial.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Able to uphold Magnetic Values (Multicultural-Accountable-Game Changer- Nurturing- Empowering-Teachable).
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver's license with clean record
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience.
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to the part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high-quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.