Charlottesville, VA /
Health Services – Catered Living/Vista (Assisted Living and Memory Support) /
Do you love the healthcare industry? Are you passionate about serving others? Come and join a dynamic team of nursing professionals servicing a great community of over 400 senior residents. We have career opportunities in our Catered Living (Assisted Living), Health Center, and Vista (Memory Care) Departments. Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge (WCBR) operates 24/7 caring for residents. Our residential community provides the opportunity to spend time with residents and serve as part of a committed health-care team with the ultimate goal of providing a supportive, safe and home-like environment for residents.
LPN's provide key direct resident care in accordance with physician orders, nursing directives and established nursing care policies, procedures, and standards. Responsible for planning and providing professional nursing care for residents to include completing all medical record documentation identify resident/family support systems, and serve as the interface with physicians and ancillary staff to obtain and communicate information regarding resident care. The successful candidate is also responsible for providing supervision of CNA's and assists with training of new staff members.
- Plan and provide professional nursing care for residents in accordance with physicians’ orders and established policies and procedures.
- Administer medications and treatments as necessary, maintain resident charts, and procure supplies and medications.
- Assist with the planning and overall nursing care of the residents on the unit assuming charge nurse responsibilities.
- Serve as interface with physicians and ancillary personnel to obtain and communicate information regarding resident care.
- Provide supervision of nursing assistants; schedule assignments; review/revise assignments according to individual needs of the residents and ensure assignments/tasks are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to work on a daily basis with Physicians and Nurses, residents, family members and responsibly parties to review progress and plan and resolve issues.
- Ability to complete multiple assignments with multiple deadlines on time and within budget.
- Ability to make quick observations of a resident's condition.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with a diverse group of staff members across the organization.
- Able to uphold Magnetic Values (Multicultural- Accountable- Game Changer- Nurturing- Empowering- Teachable).
- Current Virginia LPN license.
- Current CPR and First aid certification.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
WCBR offers competitive wages, phenomenal, low-cost to associate health and dental insurance, retirement savings with matching plan, education assistance program, as well as other benefits for full-time staff. We even extend some benefit options to the part-time staff!
Westminster-Canterbury of the Blue Ridge is a non-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community serving over 400 residents with a mission of responding to the dynamic needs of the aging by providing high-quality services and programs in a residential environment. We need YOU to join us in supporting this mission.