Senior DevOps Engineer - Tools
Redwood City, CA
DevOps at Wealthfront
Infrastructure automation is critical to the success of Wealthfront’s business. Our automation-first approach enables us to rapidly iterate by pushing code to production multiple times an hour and capture cost savings that will be passed along to our clients.
Wealthfront’s DevOps team adheres to the principle of “infrastructure-as-code” and brings strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our on-premise and cloud infrastructure.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team, working with languages such as Ruby and Go. We leverage open source software such as MariaDB, NGINX, Jenkins, Chef, Kibana, and Grafana to deliver automated infrastructure to our clients and every member of the Engineering team.
As a core member of the DevOps team you will:
- Design, implement, and deploy internal tools to accelerate productivity of the wider Engineering team
- Expand our continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines and orchestration tooling
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs)
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating software deployment, infrastructure configuration, and database cluster management
- Design our next generation of infrastructure with goals of cost efficiency and improved performance
- Participate in our on-call rotation, minimizing spurious alerts through our proportional investment process
- Mentor junior members of the team and serve as an automation liaison to the wider Engineering team
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux systems and at least three years of experience running applications and services in production
- Systems-related software development experience in Go, Ruby, Python, Java or similar languages
- Promoted test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Designed complex deployment orchestration workflows for production services and infrastructure
- Excellent cross-functional communications skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers
- A BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.