Senior Backend Engineer
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Are you passionate about building the systems, infrastructure, data and analytics for the fastest growing automated investment service? Do you want to ship code in under 10 minutes?
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with offline data stores (preferably Hadoop stack) a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics or related field
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.