Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is currently hiring an assistant controller/FINOP to join the finance and brokerage team in building scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic and high-growth business. The individual will perform a critical role interacting with senior executives as well as external third parties including partners, auditors and regulators. You will report to the Director of Finance, working closely as a partner to both the CFO/COO of Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation and the COO of Wealthfront Inc., and will be charged with identifying and executing opportunities to drive scale in the financial operations. You will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization.
- Close books monthly for the broker-dealer subsidiary, conduct account reconciliations and analysis, and work closely with other members of the finance team in preparation of consolidated financial documents.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review and analysis of the calculation of the broker-dealer reserve requirements under Customer Reserve 15c3-3.
- Prepare and file monthly/quarterly/semi-annual regulatory filings including Form FOCUS, Form Custody, Supplemental Statement of Income (SSOI), Customer Margin Balance Reporting and SIPC-6/SIPC-7
- Monitor net capital requirements of the broker-dealer under 15c3-1, including analysis of “moment to moment” requirements, forecasting of future capital requirements and strategies for optimization.
- Prepare rolling 12-month budget for the broker-dealer, updated semi-annually, with monthly analysis of budget versus actual results.
- Present the various accounting reports to the top management and make suitable observations and recommendations.
- Prevent inaccuracies in and maintain reliability of financial documents by setting up internal control systems and embracing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Protect and preserve the company’s capital through analytics, planning, processes and controls and actively identify areas to renegotiate or carry out vendor contracts.
- Assist both the CFO and the Director of Finance in the establishment of a scalable firm-wide accounting function that can keep pace with the growth of the business.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors (E&Y) by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Lead the annual financial audit and filing of audited financial documents for Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation, including organizing responses to PBCs, writing footnotes to financial documents, and driving a well-organized process to ensure accurate and timely filings.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to communicate regulatory and accounting requirements to non-registered, non-finance professionals (e.g. engineers) to enable automation and build out of technology platforms to support the financial operations.
- Develop system controls for ensuring data integrity.
- Solve complex problems creatively and collaboratively
- Review and periodically update documentation, processes and written supervisory procedures as needed to improve accuracy, increase transparency, and improve control activities to ensure timeliness and overall reliability of financial information.
- Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, and consultants as required and make recommendations as to ways we can automate and enhance our accounting operations through the implementation of new systems.
- Support the brokerage operations team in reconciliations and operational challenges when, if and as needed.
- Assist in special projects whenever asked.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Shown ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to calibrate communications to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Prior experience as a manager leading and developing a team of financial and accounting professionals.
- A confirmed ability to problem solve and actively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Keen ability to apply technology to business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SEC Rules 15c3-3 and 15c3-1.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects, simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting packages, specifically experience in NetSuite and Quickbooks and back office customer accounting systems.
- Minimum of 6 years' professional experience, including experience as an auditor for the brokerage industry at a public accounting firm as well as FINOP experience at clearing broker dealer.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Series 7, 24 and 27 required
- BA/BS required; CPA strongly preferred.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.