Data Scientist - Analytics
Palo Alto, CA /
Data Science and Research /
Wealthfront is the leader in the vision to deliver financial optimization and automation to everyone. Data and its proper use is crucial to that vision and the data science team plays a fundamental role in understanding and interpreting those data sources.
The Wealthfront data science team creates data products to deliver optimized and personalized financial advice, develops best in class investment algorithms, and analyzes our rich financial and behavioral data to make key business decisions. The team draws from a variety of backgrounds in Computer Science & Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Math, Operations Research, and Financial Engineering. We derive strength from this diversity and are constantly learning and teaching each other in a down-to-earth and dynamic environment. We are neither too big where you would be just another cog in the system, nor are we too small that none of our efforts can be realized.
We are seeking an analytics data scientist to join the Wealthfront data science team. The primary responsibility of this role is to provide statistical and machine learning expertise to either the growth or marketing areas of the company. Your focus will span topics related to a/b experimentation, dashboarding/visualizations, and model building with an emphasis on interpretability and actionable insights. The ideal candidate will interface with the areas and address their business needs while maintaining the rigors of a sound technical analysis.
- Perform ad hoc data analyses for stakeholder areas
- Conduct a/b experiments and other more complex statistical analyses
- Build statistical and machine learning models for statistical inference and prediction
- Communicate results to stakeholders and provide actionable insights in a cohesive, compelling narrative
- Collaborate and interact continuously with other teams (data engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance)
- Proactively and independently suggest directions for new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products based on up-to-date quantitative evidence
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in statistics, math, applied math, physics, economics, biostatistics, computer science or related area
- 2+ years of working experience with statistical analyses, data mining, and/or model building/machine learning applications
- Strong foundation in statistics and probability
- Programming competency in Python or R
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical content to an audience with various backgrounds
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.