Redwood City, CA
We are looking for a manager with experience leading a small (3 to 8) team of highly skilled iOS engineers. The ideal candidate will be capable of driving the iOS team independently, in close partnership with the iOS tech lead. The iOS manager will report to the Director of Mobile and will have strong input into the evolution of the mobile department as well as the engineering organization as a whole.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (product management, design, customer service)
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Promote success for team members along their career path at Wealthfront
- Facilitate the exchange of information among all Wealthfront employees in a systematic mannerLead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our collective teams and individual team members
- Evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building mobile apps in Objective-C and Swift
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, experience managing an iOS team
- Experience shipping mobile applications as an individual contributor
- Hands-on coding experience on mobile
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.