Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is looking for an engineering manager to lead our DevOps team. This team is responsible for building the hybrid cloud and physical platform our software runs on, including networking, systems, data storage and application infrastructure. Our DevOps engineers build test-driven, automated infrastructure to be able to jointly optimize for speed and quality. As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for empowering our engineers, supporting their technical and professional growth and delivering on key projects.
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Promote success for team members along their career path at Wealthfront
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our collective teams and individual team members
- Evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building quality infrastructure
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years engineering experience (post-degree) and at least 1-2 years management experience
- Recent hands-on programming experience
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.