Palo Alto, CA
Wealthfront’s Devops team is responsible for (i) consumer facing infrastructure that serves Wealthfront’s website and mobile applications and supports Wealthfront’s trading and brokerage infrastructure (ii) employee facing infrastructure including the productivity tools and internal network. The Devops team is the core component of the Wealthfront engineering team.
As the manager for the Devops team, your core responsibilities are (i) hire and retain employees (ii) organize the employees to execute effectively on the Devops roadmap (iii) collaborate with the team and other groups, especially Wealthfront’s security team, to guide the development of the DevOps roadmap. You’ll lead the evolution of the Devops team and have a strong input into the engineering organization as a whole.
What you'll do
- Grow the team by identifying the gaps in the team and recruit the shortcomings.
- Resolve conflicts within the team and cross functionally.
- Able to organize the employees into a cohesive unit.
- Oversee the execution in the team sprint over sprint.
- Break multi quarter projects into small chunks and help the team construct a roadmap that they can execute on.
- Promote positive engineering culture that reduces technical debt.
- Help engineers grow by mentoring and long term career planning.
- Lead effective organizational improvement within a hyper-growth company
- Ensure services have 24/7 availability and operational readiness.
What we're looking for
- Must have a minimum 10 years industry experience
- Must have managed an Infrastructure or SRE team for at least 3 years.
- Must have experience in the past as a Devops engineer or as a software engineer
- Should possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge and experience working in a secure and/or regulated environment.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflict within the team.
- Must have hired and grown the team to at least 12 engineers
- Experience with AWS and Kubernetes is a plus
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this past year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 18x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and grew over 100% last year to manage over $23 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.