Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We are looking for a leader to join our Product Management team.
As part of Wealthfront Product Management, you'll be responsible for conceptualizing, defining, prioritizing and shipping features and products to further serve the financial needs of Wealthfront clients and to continue the pursuit of our mission - to democratize sophisticated financial advice.
In your role as a Senior PM, you will run the day-to-day operations of your team; including driving product strategy, shipping your roadmap and both attracting and developing world-class talent. You will work cross-functionally with leaders from Engineering, Research and Design to ensure that client insights and product principles are integrated into our most important initiatives. You will also work closely with Marketing to ensure that both our brand and products are well positioned to new and existing clients alike. This position reports to the VP of Product.
- Collect and synthesize product ideas and drive consensus on the prioritization of the ideas with your cross functional teammates and relevant stakeholders
- Develop short-term, medium-term and long-term roadmaps for your product area
- Communicate the product strategy from your product area throughout the company
- Work with members of the design and product marketing team to conduct customer research in order to identify key customer insights
- Create detailed product requirements that integrate customer research, customer feedback, and industry research in order to build differentiated products and enhance customer satisfaction
- Collaborate with PR & communications, product marketing, and other functions on drafting go-to-market plans to ensure successful distribution for your products
- Develop product content guidelines (e.g. FAQs, product value statements) and partner with product marketing to craft the final product copy to be used in your products
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved client experience and business metrics
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing your product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation
- 4-8 years experience in product management at a leading consumer Web company
- Experience managing teams, product roadmaps, and investing in learning & development for product managers
- Strong analytical background with some prior experience in either finance, economics, engineering, computer science, statistics, mathematics or physics
- Heavy experience using customer insights and other forms of qualitative feedback to inform product decisions
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics, economics or finance preferred
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.