Manager of Accounting
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is seeking an Accounting Manager or Big 4 experienced Senior Associate/first year Manager to join the finance and accounting team in building scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic and high-growth business. The individual will perform a critical role interacting with senior executives as well as external third parties including partners, auditors and regulators. The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the monthly close, monitoring general accounting practices, developing accounting controls, and creating a scalable function. You will report to the Senior Director of Finance, working closely as a partner to both the COO of Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation and the CFO/COO of Wealthfront Inc. and will be charged with identifying and executing opportunities to drive scale in the financial operations. You will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization.
- Manage accounting staff and provide clear guidance to facilitate end-to-end, timely and accurate financial reporting process.
- Lead the annual financial audit including organizing responses to PBCs, writing footnotes to financial documents, and driving a well-organized process to ensure accurate and timely filings. Key interface to external audits.
- Manage the month, quarter and year-end close activities at each subsidiary and on a consolidated basis.
- Prepare and review journal entries, account reconciliations, P&L and balance sheet flux and variance analysis.
- Improve processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness over corporate accounting and GL activities.
- Develop and document internal controls, policies, and procedures; ensure proper documentation and record-keeping compliance.
- Lead continuous process improvement projects, provide meaningful proposals and drive implementation.
- Understand team member’s concerns and be willing to assist in their professional development.
- Prevent inaccuracies in and maintain reliability of financial documents by setting up internal control systems and embracing proper policies for financial reporting.
- Assist both the CFO and the Senior Director of Finance in the establishment of a scalable firm-wide accounting function.
- Maintain positive relationships with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors (E&Y) by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Solve complex problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Liaison with accounting software, system vendors, and consultants as required and make recommendations as to ways we can automate and enhance our accounting operations through the implementation of new systems.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- Shown ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Uncompromising attention to detail with the ability to communicate to the level of detail appropriate to the situation and audience.
- Prior experience as a manager leading and developing a team of financial and accounting professionals.
- Ability to problem solve and actively address issues in a professional and effective manner.
- Enthusiasm to apply technology to business processes.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects while simultaneously demonstrating creativity and judgment.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and accounting packages, specifically experience in NetSuite.
- BA/BS required; CPA strongly preferred.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.