Redwood City, CA
Legal and Compliance
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is hiring a Compliance Associate to join our growing team of compliance professionals. Working closely with the broader Legal and Compliance teams, and under the direction of our Senior Compliance Operations Manager and our Chief Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will support a wide variety of broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance initiatives. We have a strong client-first mentality and aspire to change the game in an industry that has historically been riddled with conflicts of interest. The right candidate will understand and appreciate this strategic orientation by focusing on enabling the business to achieve its goals, meeting all regulatory requirements of the industry along the way.
- Policies and Procedures: Assist with formulating, implementing and updating broker-dealer and investment adviser compliance programs and initiatives
- Education, Training, and Promoting a Culture of Compliance: Develop, enhance, and deliver compliance-related training to all Wealthfront employees, including training specific to rules, regulations, standards, and resources, including required Annual Compliance Meeting, FINRA Firm Element, and continuing education
- Compliance Supervision, Testing, and Monitoring: Assist with regular, annual, and ad-hoc testing and monitoring of policies and procedures of multiple departments and entities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations
- Compliance Administration (including Registration, Licensing and Employment): Provide compliance support in the onboarding process of new employees, as well as ongoing support of regulatorily-required disclosure of personal securities accounts and transactions, outside business activities, political contributions, and others
- Assist with maintaining the Legal & Compliance Regulatory Calendar and coordinating, updating and filing broker-dealer and investment adviser registrations, disclosures and reports (such as Form ADV, Form BD, Forms U4 and U5, Form 13F), and other related requirements
- Assist with third party vendor risk reviews, mitigation, and due diligence
- Audit and Regulatory Examinations: Provide general support to Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance, and all other departments in preparing for and executing responses to routine audits and examinations
- Compliance Advisory: Provides business partners with actionable guidance and advice to effect compliance with regulatory and Wealthfront standards in support of developing products, services, features, and strategic initiatives, with a strong focus on client service and operations
- Actively work with Wealthfront’s business partners to help identify areas of potential risk or non-compliance, and in collaboration with the General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, manage the documentation and resolution process
- Customer-focused, business-centric and team-oriented mindset
- Strong organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Curiosity and interest in applying technology to enhance business processes
- Broad analytical skills, with experience identifying and quantifying problems while providing creative, effective solutions
- Strong working knowledge of FINRA, MSRB, and SEC rules and record-keeping requirements, preferred
- Product experience including mutual funds, money market funds, ETFs, margin products and 529 plans, preferred
- Experience with or general understanding of broader financial services including investment advisory, planning, banking, and insurance, a plus
- FINRA Series 7; must obtain Series 24 within 90 days
- Willingness to obtain Series 52, 53 and 65/66, a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and at least three years of professional experience, including direct experience as a compliance, operations, or service professional at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.