Palo Alto, CA /
Legal and Compliance /
Wealthfront is seeking a talented, passionate and experienced attorney to handle a wide variety of corporate, securities, and regulatory matters. As a member of our legal team, you will work closely with and report to our General Counsel, and just as importantly, collaborate with all of our other departments, including the product, design, engineering, marketing and compliance teams, to provide the best client experience possible.
- Creatively configure compliant solutions and provide advice for sound business decisions in view of relevant legal compliance requirements and risks;
- Support an extremely fast-moving business with tight deadlines while providing diligent and thorough work product;
- Structure, draft, negotiate, and review a broad range of commercial agreements, including highly complex and novel agreements;
- Analyze and provide guidance on evolving laws, rules, regulations, and trends impacting the business including: Federal Securities Laws and related regulations; FINRA rules and NACHA rules;
- Advise with respect to legal and regulatory aspects of compliance matters for broker-dealers and registered investment-advisers;
- Assist with the development of new lines of business and products by: Embedding yourself in the project development team upon project launch; working closely and proactively with other project team members to identify potential legal and regulatory issues; crafting compliant solutions that avoid or minimize inefficient use of product, design and engineering resources and speed product launches; and drafting related agreements, policies, procedures and disclosures;
- Interface with outside counsel.
- J.D. degree and licensed to practice in California, or the ability to apply for California's Registered In-House Counsel
- Between 5 to 7 years of relevant legal experience; in-house or start-up experience preferred; fintech strongly preferred
- Familiarity and experience working with regulated entities and consumer-facing businesses
- Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment and a “take ownership” outlook
- Creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas
- Able to participate in developing company strategic and operational goals, and work closely with business units in their operational execution
- Able to identify and analyze legal issues, draft key documents, and present clear recommendations
- Strong project management skills
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.