Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Our Backend team covers four different areas:
Financial Services - Wealthfront’s financial services help our clients achieve their financial goals. From the trading algorithms that power all of Wealthfront’s investment products and the Portfolio Line of Credit that lets you access cash easily, to the 529 college savings account that lets you start saving for your kids’ education, our engineers work with our research team to bring these innovative financial services to life
Financial Planning - Wealthfront engineers working within our financial planning area implement Path, which helps users plan and optimize their financial lives in an automated way. Path derives users’ financial histories and current situations from data that is pulled in from linked external accounts. This user data plus financial industry data are combined together within complex forward-looking simulations which allow our users to explore and understand what is needed to achieve their most important financial goals such as buying a home, paying for a child's college education, retirement, etc.
Onboarding - We help guide clients through the discovery of what Wealthfront is and working to provide the best possible experience as new clients go through our registration flow and ultimately funding their account by transparently informing them of what we're doing and what's happening to their money all the way until it's invested.
Brokerage and Banking Platform - Wealthfront engineers design and build automation of complex financial processes within our brokerage and banking platform. This platform enables Wealthfront software systems to automate and optimize the management of more than $10B worth of client assets with essentially no human intervention.
- Design, implement, test and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics and deployment
- Design and build systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Live and breathe resiliency and uptime
- Consistently improve maintainability and stability of the codebase
- 1-3 years of prior backend experience
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with offline data stores (preferably Hadoop stack) a plus
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics or related field
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.