Broker Dealer Staff Accountant
Redwood City, CA
Wealthfront is seeking a Staff Accountant experienced in broker-dealer accounting. The individual will perform a critical role interacting with senior executives as well as external third parties including auditors and regulators. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for overseeing broker-dealer monthly procedures and regulatory compliance. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional and capable of managing their workloads and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment. You will report to the Controller/FINOP while also working closely with both the Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer of Wealthfront Brokerage.
What you will work on:
- Oversee the accounting for the broker-dealer and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Manage regulatory reporting processes including weekly and month end computations for Rule 15c3-3, moment-to-moment Rule 15c3-1compliance, daily cash reconciliation process, FINRA required reporting (eg, FOCUS and SSOI reports) and other support as needed
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close process
- Assist in the efforts for the preparation, review and approve the organization's financial statements
- Lead the financial audit, regulatory exams and assist in annual tax preparation for the broker-dealer
- Help with overall accounting for the firm, including AP & AR
- Bachelor's degree
- Series 27 desired (would need to be obtained upon hire)
- 2+ years of accounting experience, preferably brokerage accounting
- In-depth knowledge of SEC Rules 15c3-3 and 15c3-1
- Current with regulations and compliance issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Experience/familiarity with Netsuite, MS Suite, Macintosh
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About Wealthfront - Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.