Data Science Intern - Research
Palo Alto, CA /
We are looking for talented summer interns passionate about conceptualizing, prototyping, and delivering the next generation of financial services to join Wealthfront’s Data Science group. Successful candidates will combine a passion for rigorous analysis, the pragmatism necessary to bring models to data, and a strong desire to work with a unique set of financial and client data.
- Develop models underlying our financial automation and investments products
- Conduct empirical statistical analysis on relevant data and develop actionable insights
- Collaborate with other teams (product, engineering, marketing) to commercialize new products and enhance existing products
- Contribute to the development of research infrastructure for modeling, optimization, backtesting, and analytics to ensure an efficient and robust research process
- Programming proficiency in R, Python, or Matlab; SQL, linear models; basics of applied probability, optimization, and machine learning methods
- Pursuing a BS or MS in (Applied) Math, CS, Statistics, Economics, Industrial Engineering/Operations Research/Management Science
- Nice to have an understanding of factor models, time series and stochastic processes; advanced optimization and/or machine learning
- Ready to work within 15 months of internship.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.