Senior Product Marketing Manager - (Contract)
Palo Alto, CA
At Wealthfront, we believe that everyone should feel in control of their finances, and your money should empower you to achieve your most important life goals. That’s why we’re committed to building products and services that make it easy and delightful to plan, save, and invest for your future. But we recognize that what we’re setting out to deliver to our clients is not what the average person expects. This is an amazing opportunity for a smart, passionate marketer who is up for the challenge of changing the conversation around finance and helping more people discover a better financial life through our products and services.
You’ll work to deeply understand our audience and craft messaging strategies that move users from awareness to comprehension to conversion. How should we position our products against competitors? What’s our strategy for bringing our new products to market? How can we drive adoption of products with our existing clients? You’ll have the opportunity to help us answer these questions and more, while working closely with executives and cross-functional partners. If you are excited to grow your product marketing chops and help shape our marketing strategies, then this role is for you.
This role reports into the VP of Marketing. This role is a 3-6 month contractor role with potential to convert to full time in 2021.
- Build messaging and positioning strategies that resonate with our target audience.
- Define go-to-market plans for new products and execute against them with a cross-functional team (design, product, engineering, and more).
- Collaborate with consumer insights researchers to better understand our users, including their values, mindsets, and buying behaviors.
- Define and execute on marketing campaigns to drive awareness and adoption of our product and services.
- Help ensure our brand and product messaging is consistent across marketing channels (website, email, ads, etc).
- Work with legal & compliance on approval of new marketing assets.
- 4 - 7 years of marketing experience at a technology company
- Passionate storyteller with strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to distill complex ideas into simple concepts
- Strong empathy for the user
- Track record of working cross-functionally and managing multiple initiatives
- Independent problem solver who can roll up sleeves and get things done
- Comfortable with analyzing data and metrics
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.