Performance Marketing Lead
Palo Alto, CA /
The traditional financial industry was not built to put the interests of clients first. At Wealthfront, we’re committed to building products and services that are designed to earn you more and make it easy to bank, invest, and plan for your future. And we don’t want to stop there – our vision is to optimize your money across spending, savings, and investments, putting it all to work effortlessly. Deposit your paycheck with Wealthfront and, with the click of a button, you can have us automate the rest. Our software can top off your emergency fund, pay all your bills, and even invest the rest to help meet your goals. We call this future Self-Driving Money™.
As the Performance Marketing Lead you’ll have a unique opportunity to help attract, convert and retain Wealthfront customers. We’re looking for a leader and analytical thinker who is passionate about solving complex problems and building teams. You’ll balance strategy, efficiency and effectiveness, and be empowered to drive our paid strategy and channel roadmap. This role is responsible for optimizing existing channels, identifying new opportunities and partnering with product and marketing teams on future business opportunities. Additionally, this person will be responsible for building out the performance marketing team, managing external agencies and defining organizational needs.
- Lead a growing performance marketing team, with responsibilities including media investment, brand and performance marketing, channel operations and analytics
- Build and lead a team of performance marketers to manage, execute and optimize full funnel marketing campaigns across channels (paid digital/social, SEM, SEM, CRM, affiliates and more)
- Collaborate closely with market research, product marketing, data science and design to develop growth plans
- Design, implement, test, and scale paid strategies across channels including experimentation frameworks that optimize creative, audience and channel effectiveness
- Analyze business performance, drive measurable outcomes and clear recommendations to executive leadership
- Own a significant portion of the marketing budget, and direct accountability for acquiring new customers
- Act as a direct interface with various media and marketing vendors (agencies, platforms, tools), owning all responsibilities including payments, reporting and analysis
- 8+ years of performance marketing experience in a B2C environment (consumer tech experience with a high growth company is a plus)
- 3+ years management experience, including experience hiring and managing people
- Knowledge of industry trends and innovation in media, tracking, analytics and research
- Experience leading and developing growth strategies across channels and audiences, with a heavy focus on digital (paid digital, OLV, paid social, CRM, in-app)
- Experience driving mobile app adoption, including paid installs, app store optimization and other key strategies (paid and organic)
- Balanced strategic, analytical and operational thinker; SQL knowledge a plus
- Thrives as a self-starter in faced paced environments
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.