Head of IT
Palo Alto, CA /
General + Administrative /
Wealthfront is growing and on the move! We are succeeding as a team, and now we need a top-notch IT organization to strengthen it. If you are an experienced IT manager excited to create and lead our IT organization, this role might be right for you.
Under your leadership, the IT organization will take on responsibilities such as:
- Ensure effective collaboration and communication tools are effective and available (Gmail, video conferencing, Mattermost messaging, etc.)
- Provide access to the necessary tools and systems for employees to be effective (Employee hardware, LDAP, VPN, Duo 2FA, etc.)
- Ensure that software licenses are procured and conform to Wealthfront’s internal policies (Atlassian product suite, social media accounts, third-party services, etc.)
- Help define, refine and enforce ITGC for SOX compliance (Access, security, data backup, change management)
As Head of IT, you will:
- Build Wealthfront’s IT organization from the ground up as a hands on leader
- Manage team members, promote their success, and align them with professional growth opportunities
- Identify IT best practices that will benefit Wealthfront and lead the team to adopt them
- Collaborate with leaders across Wealthfront to ensure that IT best supports their efforts
- BS in engineering/computer science or comparable experience
- 5+ years IT management experience
- You have been in a lead role within an IT organization, working cross-functionally with other leaders in the company
- Experience with implementing security compliance standards for IT systems such as SOX, ISO27000, NIST 800, ISO 31000, etc.
- Familiarity with FINRA and SEC rules and regulations is a plus
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top IT talent. You have great people skills and are driven to solve people's problems and make their day.
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving and eager to solve challenging problems
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.