Lead Content Strategist
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We’re looking for an experienced content strategist with a with a passion for our mission – empowering our clients to build a strong foundation for their goals through simple-yet-sophisticated financial planning and automated investment management.
That can be a lot to deliver in an app, but you love creating intuitive and charming product experiences through compelling narratives and great content, so you’ll join our design team as a content leader. You’ll play a critical role in empathizing with our users and advocating for their point of view during product design. You’ll also think holistically about the broader Wealthfront client experience and identify opportunities for improvement.
(You’ll also have noticed that run-on sentence earlier, and maybe that bit of passive voice. Good catch!)
You’ll work with designers, product managers, marketing, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing mobile and web experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to work on an important mission with a fun, collaborative team.
- Develop in-product content across both web and mobile interfaces: including key flows, emails, information architecture and naming conventions
- Translate complex ideas into intuitive, warm content to make personal finance more relevant – it’s not about portfolios and returns, it’s about your ambitions and well-being
- Be a strong advocate for the client point of view
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, product managers, and engineers on all parts of the product development lifecycle (from defining product requirements to building experience arcs to crafting interface copy, emails, and other content)
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
- Writing samples that include a breadth of examples, including interface content, microcopy, information architecture, emails and more
- Experience with content standards, including voice and tone guidelines for web and mobile interfaces
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for delivering great client experiences
- Understanding and experience writing in personal finance is a plus
- 4-5+ years of experience in a similar role
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.