Senior Content Strategist
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We’re looking for a talented content strategist with a passion for our mission – empowering our clients to build a strong foundation for their goals through simple-yet-sophisticated financial planning and automated investment management.
That can be a lot to deliver in an app, but you love creating intuitive and charming product experiences through better content, so you’ll join our design team and play a critical role in empathizing with our users and advocating for their point of view during product design. You’ll also think holistically about the broader Wealthfront client experience and identify opportunities for improvement.
(You’ll also have noticed that run-on sentence earlier, and maybe that bit of passive voice. Good catch!)
You’ll partner closely with other writers, designers, product managers, marketing, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing mobile and web experiences for our clients. This is a great opportunity to work on an important mission with a fun, collaborative team.
- Develop content across both web and mobile interfaces: including key product flows, emails, information architecture and naming conventions
- Translate complex ideas into intuitive, warm content to make personal finance more accessible and more fun – it’s not about portfolios and returns, it’s about life and possibilities
- Be a strong advocate for the client point of view
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of designers, product managers and engineers on all parts of the product development lifecycle (from helping with product requirements to building experience arcs to crafting interface copy, emails, and other content)
- Collaborate with other writers to continue evolving our content style guide
- Help maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
- Join and contribute to design meetings and critiques
- Writing samples that include a breadth of examples, including interface content, microcopy, information architecture, emails and more
- Experience with content standards, including voice and tone guidelines for web and mobile interfaces
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, and fully self-motivated
- Understanding and experience writing in personal finance is a plus
- Willingness to learn
- 3+ years of experience in similar role
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.