Senior Content Designer, Growth
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
We’re looking for a Senior Content Designer!
One of the biggest hurdles when trying to save money is just that — actually doing it.
That’s where Wealthfront comes in.
Wealthfront helps you build long-term wealth on your own terms. Choose your preferences according to your financial goals, and let our automation pay bills and move savings to the right places — whether it's an emergency fund, a category towards your short-term goals, or a longer-term investment account with a diversified portfolio of funds. We offer hundreds of ETFs (exchange-traded funds) across dozens of categories, including social responsibility, clean energy, tech, and crypto to let you personalize your portfolio with investments you’re excited about. And we make it easy — and safe — to experiment by letting you know if your choices aren’t in line with your tolerance for risk.
Wealthfront is here to help you build a secure and rewarding financial future, and it will just keep getting better.
And that’s where you come in.
Wealthfront empowers our clients to manage and grow their money, and our content gives them the clarity and confidence they need to do so. Our Content Designers are empathetic people advocates. We're interested in what our clients need to know, what they don't, and how to organize and present that information in the most useful and inclusive way. The right information made accessible empowers our clients to achieve their financial goals.
Our craft here is called Content Design, but maybe you’re a Content Strategist, UX Writer, Experience Designer, or just someone who’s passionate about humanizing product experiences, untangling jargon, and who loves writing clear, concise content.
As a member of the design team, you’ll immediately take on meaningful, strategic projects to shape product and marketing experiences that help our clients consume information and navigate their financial situations.
If you join our superstar content team, here’s what you’ll do:
- Write clear, concise UX copy for products across multiple platforms and touch points, including landing pages, end-to-end flows, onboarding screens, notifications, emails, FAQs, and error messages
- Define and execute a content design strategy for your teams’ products and features
- Collaborate with research teams to identify new opportunities, build and test hypotheses and refine user experience decisions
- Develop systems, standards, and workflows to improve the ways we work as a content design team and collaborate cross-functionally
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand presence across our products and platforms
- Be a tireless advocate for the client point of view
In return, here's what you'll get:
- A challenging role (in a good way) translating complex ideas into clear, concise content to make personal finance more approachable and relatable
- Lots of autonomy over your work (no micro-managers around here)
- Hands-on learning about financial technology, investing, research, design, and so much more!
- An entrepreneurial working environment (we encourage everyone to act like an owner)
Relevant experiences and mindsets we’d like to see. Ideally, you have:
- Up to 5 years experience in similar roles
- A portfolio that demonstrates how clear communication can make or break a product experience. We’re looking for a range of content and writing abilities of how you can turn complex content problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders (ex: product and marketing managers, UX and visual designers, and engineers)
- Confidence working in an iterative, agile environment, and can quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate content approaches within constraints
- An understanding of UX design principles and best practices
- The ability to influence the user experience beyond just content
- Good self-direction and are able to manage multiple projects across teams and navigate ambiguity
- Experience with content standards and best practices for web and mobile interfaces
- An eye for the details and an interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing
- A desire to help develop excellence in the craft of UX content design
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.