Senior Data Analyst
Redwood City, CA
Research + Data Science
As a Senior Data Analyst in Wealthfront’s Data Science organization, you’ll be responsible for improving the quality of our decisions using data and the scientific method. You will analyze data to generate insights that inform product, marketing, and other business decisions throughout the company and across the product lifecycle, from ideation and research to launch and iteration. You will collaborate with your data science colleagues with a focus on technical skills and career development. We are fortunate to work with experienced product managers and engineers that have worked on products at companies like Facebook, Google, Twitter and Apple. This is an opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced operators in the startup world and to further an important and meaningful mission. Our Data Science team focuses on product analytics (for the product areas of Financial Planning, Financial Services including Investments & Cash accounts, and Customer Experience), A/B Testing, and growth/marketing analytics.
What you'll do
- Answer business questions from product and marketing using available big data such as financial transactions, web/mobile product interactions, and marketing campaign responses.
- Collaborate with data scientists with advanced knowledge of machine learning and statistics to answer business questions.
- Develop a strong understanding of our datasets
- Take initiative to create new insights that will improve products or growth/marketing initiatives.
What we're looking for:
- You subscribe to Wealthfront’s values and mission and can articulate the reasons why, and have an understanding of our product, business model and key metrics
- Ability to work with product managers and marketing to understand their analytical needs and communicate results clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to access, transform, visualize, and model datasets with minimal engineering support using expert level SQL and intermediate level statistics (descriptive statistics, common pitfalls, NHST, A/B testing)
- Ability to conduct exploratory analysis where documentation about data is not complete
- Ability to pre-process data: data cleaning and deriving new features
- Visualization using tools like Excel, Tableau, and Shiny
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical discipline (e.g., Math, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science) plus 2+ years of industry experience
- Ability to collaborate with data scientists who may work on more complex components of the business analysis
- Desirable to have: some knowledge of machine learning (regression, classification, clustering), data pipelines written in Scala/Spark, programming in Python and/or R, and a Master’s degree
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is building a NextGen Banking Service. We help you manage your money for both the short term and long term by providing a cash account with the highest APY on the market, best in class automated investment management and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the space in a big way this year with the launch of our high-interest cash account that offers 2.57% -- highest APY available on the market according to Bankrate.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.