Data Engineer - New College Grad
Palo Alto, CA /
Our goal is to provide better experiences and financial outcomes for our clients as we understand their financial situations and aspirations. To do this, we need to both scale our platform to handle our growing client base and deliver new features. Our data engineering team is at the center of this exciting challenge.
As a Wealthfront Data Engineer, you will be challenged to help build a cloud-native Data Analytics Platform that securely manages our clients’ financial data. Most data platforms use data for reporting and ad hoc analysis. We push the boundaries of real-time decisioning using ML and optimization within our product experiences. Optimized cost to serve, high throughput, low latency insights are new challenges to most data engineers today. As part of an agile team in a startup, you will have input, impact and ownership in the entire process rather than be part of a large company assembly line.
- Help implement data platform capabilities and patterns
- Understand and anticipate stakeholder needs and translate needs into deliverable data platform components
- Design and develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, data quality, model building and execution
- Learn and master an agile methodology in the software development process
- Be an integral part of our scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Knowledge in object-oriented and/or functional programming languages (e.g. Java/Scala, Python)
- Familiarity with Distributed data technologies like Hadoop, Kafka, NoSql etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication and social skills; able to effectively collaborate with partners
- Detail oriented. Strong prioritization skills and sense of urgency
- Willing to constantly learn and grow
- Love to learn and experiment with new technologies and shares findings with the team
- Effective team player. Honest and respectful of others
- Graduating in Spring 2022
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.