Compliance Senior Associate
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
Legal and Compliance /
Wealthfront is seeking a talented, passionate, and experienced compliance professional to support the Compliance Team. This individual will report directly to the AMLCO and work closely with other members of the Legal and Compliance division and collaborate with all other departments including the client services, marketing, product, design, and engineering teams.
- Serve as Compliance Lead for the Company’s suspicious activity detection, transaction monitoring, and reporting program and drive enhancements to the program with the accompanying policies and procedures
- Review fraud and AML investigation reports and prepare suspicious activity reports (SARs)
- Support the Company’s financial crime prevention program, which includes the implementation, oversight, and enhancement of related policies, procedures, and controls
- Support stakeholders in front line business functions by providing ongoing feedback to design, implement, and maintain departmental policies, procedures, and controls are reasonably designed and effective in practice
- Perform compliance testing in the areas of customer identification program (CIP), AML, and fraud detection
- Maintain awareness of and provide thought leadership for impending regulatory changes
- Aid in the design, development, and implementation of a risk assessment framework
- Experience preparing and filing suspicious activity reports
- Excellent organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Strong working knowledge of BSA/AML, FINRA, MSRB, and SEC regulations
- Experience leading cross-functional projects, including collaboration with engineering teams
- Customer-focused, business-centric and team-oriented mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including formal writing
- Intellectually curious, and interested in applying technology to enhance business processes
- Broad analytical skills, with experience identifying and quantifying problems while providing creative, effective solutions
- Product experience including mutual funds, money market funds, ETFs, margin products and 529 plans, preferred
- Experience with or general understanding of broader financial services including investment advisory, planning, banking, and insurance, a plus
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of professional experience, including direct experience as a compliance professional at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm
- FINRA Series 7 and 24; willingness to obtain other registrations and/or licenses as necessary
- CAMS is a plus
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.