Lead, Consumer Insights Research
Palo Alto, CA
Consumer Insights Research
How can we redesign financial systems and financial products so they actually reflected our needs, values and ambitions? How would financial services differ if they were perfectly in-sync with our money and what we need it to accomplish? We work on these questions everyday at Wealthfront and we need an expert researcher to help us. Your research will form the knowledge base that defines our target audience, the products we need to build for them and how we articulate the value of those products as we bring them to market.
What makes a good candidate? You have a range of exceptional research skills but also the experience to know when to collect more data and when to make a judgment call. You have mastered a number of analytical skills but still wake up everyday motivated to learn new things. You are fascinated by the range of human experience and celebrate the idiosyncrasies that represent the depth of every participant.
As the Lead, Consumer Insights Research you will lead primary research that serves as the empirical basis for Wealthfront’s product development, go-to-market and growth strategies. At Wealthfront, Consumer Insights is a vital function that directly serves Marketing, Growth and Product Management teams and works in close partnership with Design, User Experience Research and Data Science.
- Lead market research for product development, including opportunity sizing, target market segmentation, competitive assessment, concept testing
- Lead research into audiences, persona development, message testing and channel strategy to inform growth and go-to-market strategies
- Partner with data science to research, analyze and present behavioral insights from products to ensure a rapid iteration process that satisfies client needs
- Independent problem solver who can roll up sleeves and get things done
- Expertise in qualitative methods -or- quantitative methods. You don’t need to be an expert in both, but must be motivated to learn!
- Comfortable managing multiple cross-functional initiatives
- Experience designing research that matches methods to a range of questions
- 5+ years experience in research or analytics roles with an intensive consumer/user focus either in a consumer tech company or related academic research
- MA, MBA or PhD preferred
- R, SQL proficiency is a plus
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.