Head of Content Marketing
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Content Marketing who has a passion for storytelling, as well as a knack for taking complex and abstract concepts and making them feel accessible. This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced, talented professional to help a build a creative content strategy to help elevate the Wealthfront brand and drive the business.
We want to empower our clients to live their best lives, so you’ll be tasked with using content to educate and give them more confidence in their financial future. Because we’re a software-only platform, the challenge is to use content to help humanize our brand. We’re fortunate to have some of the top thought leaders in this space who provide expertise across the spectrum of personal finance. So we have a big opportunity to highlight our own people and extend our signature advice to existing and prospective clients in a more compelling way.
The ideal candidate has an excellent track record in writing, curating and producing evocative content that captures attention across multiple channels and delivers real marketing results. We'll look to you to develop new ways to package and distribute content that is data-backed and performance driven, but (most importantly) adds value to our clients’ lives. This is a highly collaborative role; you’ll work with consumer insights, data science, engineering, product management, product marketing, design and communications to ensure we can use content to strategically grow our business.
This role reports into the Vice President of Marketing.
- Develop a content strategy that supports Wealthfront’s brand voice and overall brand strategy
- Lead the content development process across product launches and seasonal moments
- Manage key content channels, including the Wealthfront blog, marketing website, social media channels
- Oversee the creation and curation of content, from short-form to long-form
- Develop new content concepts, with a focus on video, infographics and other creative formats
- Generate creative ideas for distributing your content for lead generation and nurturing, working in tandem with other members of the marketing team
- Devise compelling ways to feature key members from our executive and research teams, while also developing an influencer network for contributions
- Work with data science to develop compelling stories for clients and media partners
- Consistently measure, analyze and report ongoing content performance against key performance indicators
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 7+ years of in content marketing, journalism, and/or editorial
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with the ability to diffuse complex or complicated topics into snackable and delightful content experiences
- A proven track record planning and writing a variety of content for the web, including short-form, long-form, interactive, audio and/or video content
- Experience with SEO
- A foundational understanding of the user-centric design process and a love for the customer experience
- Experience establishing the brand voice across different digital and social channels
- Proven ability to measure the effectiveness of content initiatives
- Project management experience, as well as the ability to manage freelancers and vendors
- Creative as hell, with an appreciation for humor and an eye for design
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a bonus, but not required
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.