Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with almost $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Are you interested in building the flagship Android app for the fastest growing automated investment service? We're looking for extraordinary engineers who are passionate about designing and delivering incredible user experiences that will revolutionize the way people handle their investments.
- Drive the architecture and infrastructure for the Android app
- Collaborate with design and product to define a delightful Android experience using material design
- Mentor Android engineers on software engineering and Android best practices on a fully native app
- Lead user-facing cross-functional projects
- Work with frontend and backend engineers to design, build and test reusable REST APIs
- Develop key features and improve developer productivity
- Drive Android technology adoption decisions. We currently develop with RxJava, Dagger 2 and Kotlin.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with at least 2 on Android
- Experience shipping an Android app to Google Play
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Deep knowledge of the Android SDKExcellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- BS or MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.