Senior DevOps Engineer - Networking
Redwood City, CA
DevOps at Wealthfront
Infrastructure automation is key to the success of Wealthfront’s business. Our automation-first approach enables us to rapidly iterate by pushing code to production multiple times an hour and deliver cost savings that will be passed along to our clients.
Wealthfront’s DevOps team adheres to the principle of “infrastructure-as-code” and brings strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team, working with languages such as Ruby and Go. We leverage open source software such as Chef and Jenkins to bring automated testing and continuous integration to our areas of expertise, such as our Networking infrastructure.
As a core member of the DevOps team you will:
- Manage our physical data center server and networking hardware, topology, and connectivity.
- Tune our MySQL and Microsoft SQL Server clusters, optimizing performance, reliability, and availability ensuring ongoing data integrity.
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs).
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Design our next generation of infrastructure with goals of decreasing costs and improving performance.
- Participate in our on-call rotation, minimizing spurious alerts through our proportional investment process.
- Mentor junior members of the team and serve as an automation liaison to the wider Engineering team.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Been involved with managing production data center environments, including hardware provisioning, network device configuration, and capacity planning.
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux or Windows systems and at least three years of experience running applications and services in production.
- Systems-related software development in Go, Ruby, Python, Java or similar languages.
- Evangelized test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing.
- Exposure to running modern relational databases in production.
- Excellent communications skills and collaborated on cross-functional projects. A desire to both learn from and educate your peers.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. Wealthfront has engineered a platform which continuously delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).