Product Marketing Lead
Palo Alto, CA /
The traditional financial industry was not built to put the interests of clients first. At Wealthfront, we’re committed to building products and services that are designed to earn you more and make it easy to bank, invest, and plan for your future. And we don’t want to stop there – our vision is to optimize your money across spending, savings, and investments, putting it all to work effortlessly. Deposit your paycheck with Wealthfront and, with the click of a button, you can have us automate the rest. Our software can top off your emergency fund, pay all your bills, and even invest the rest to help meet your goals. We call this future Self-Driving Money™.
We’re looking for a passionate marketer to help change the conversation around finance and help more people discover a better financial life through our products and services. But we know that finance is a crowded space with incumbents and competitors – we need someone with strategic messaging chops and creative ideas who can help us stand out in the crowd and grow our business. Specifically, this person will partner with the Advice Automation product team to bring the first features of our Self-Driving Money™ vision to life. As a result, you’ll be an essential leader in the success of our ultimate product vision.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who’s excited to get their hands dirty building from the ground up. In addition, this person will have the unique opportunity to influence our overall marketing strategy and help shape the vision for the team as we grow this year. If this excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Develop messaging and positioning strategies for new products
- Lead go-to-market strategy plans for new and existing features to drive awareness and consideration of our offering with prospects and clients.
- Own marketing campaigns end-to-end, from identifying strategic messages to creative concepts to final marketing assets, with support of other marketers and cross-functional team members.
- Collaborate with consumer insights researchers to develop a deep understanding of our target audience, identifying key insights and incorporating them into marketing strategies.
- Ensure our brand and product messaging is consistent across marketing channels.
- Work closely with executives, as well as cross-functional leaders in product, design, communications, engineering, and data science.
- 6+ years in consumer marketing, with significant tech experience
- Passionate storyteller with strong communications and writing skills
- Track record of taking new consumer products to market and crafting compelling messaging strategies.
- Strong experience executing creative go-to-market strategies that go beyond standard tactics.
- Strategic thinker who loves to think creatively, but who can also roll up their sleeves and get things done.
- Passion for solving hairy problems and driven by an audacious mission.
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.