Palo Alto, CA /
About this Role
Do you love the news? Do you have a passion for spotting trends and telling stories? Do you want to help people like yourself take more control of their lives? Then read on! We are looking for an enthusiastic, media savvy, self-starter to assist across our communications efforts. You will report directly to Elly Stolnitz, the Communications Manager, and have the chance to work directly with a number of teams across the company including marketing, design, and compliance.
Internship will run from January to April
About Communications at Wealthfront
The Communications team at Wealthfront plays a crucial role in creating our corporate narrative and telling the company story to media, industry analysts and policy makers. A crucial part of our work happens outside of the office: building meaningful relationships with reporters, analysts, conference organizers, etc. We work hard to build relevant stories together with these audiences to cut above the noise vs. sending cold pitches and praying someone bites. Therefore, intellectual curiosity and relationship building are key to this role. Additionally, we approach each product launch, company milestone and movement in the industry with thoughtfulness and creativity, and we aren’t afraid to be bold and take risks. We are an incredibly strategic team, which means you will not be doing cookie-cutter PR here.
This job will involve
- Learning about and supporting a number of communications functions including media relations and placing executives on podcasts and at conferences
- Supporting the marketing and communications team with social media, affiliate partners, and influencers
- Staying on top of industry and pop culture trends and working with the team to insert Wealthfront into the conversation
- Research relevant personal finance and industry reporters and assist with pitches and relationship building.
- Stay on top of the podcast landscape and share recommendations of new podcasts to promote our larger communications strategies.
- Get to know the relevant industry conferences and help place individuals on our management team at top tier events.
- Keep the team up to speed on industry related news and social media trends.
- Support our affiliate partnerships and help keep reviews up to date and accurate.
- Create briefing docs, build coverage reports, and support additional projects as needed.
- Junior or Senior at an accredited university or pursuing a Master's Degree
- Must be in US timezone
- Passion for the media landscape and previous relevant intern or volunteer experience
- Strong self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Curiosity and desire to learn more about both the fintech and financial services industries
- Pursuing BA or MS in Communications, English, Journalism or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.